Camping des Grottes activities and swimming-pool in Azé
You are in a unique site of the prehistoric caves “Grottes d’Azé” standing apart from other European sites with their will-preserved cave bear and lion fossils. You will discover the well preserved fauna and flora in the heart of 2000 years of history.
The 1,3 hectareof well planted ground along the creek “Mouge” and crossed by the resurgence of the cavec has got 75 pitches which are spacious and delimited. This authentic campsite is perfect for preserved nature lovers. We share the place with a lot of birds and squirrels…
It’s also for all these reasons that we don’t have Wifi on the campsite, but you do have access to the restaurant.
There are 2 sanitairy installations suitable for people with reduced mobility.
The village of Azé which is “Station verte” is at 5 minutes walk/bike; You can find there many shops such as bakery, butchery, grocery, pharmacy…
The campsite services
- Snack bar
- Block of ice
- Sanitary for people with reduced mobility
- Swimming-pool + padding-pool watched by a lifeguard
- The managers are in placesur place 7/24
- French an english spoken
- Washing machine
- Animals accepted keep on a leash
Rediuce, protect, limit and recycle …. Are daily actions which accompany our volontary approach for the environnement respect.
- Outdoors swimming-pool and padding-pool watched by a lifeguard
- Children playground
- Pétanque ground
- Visit of the prehistoric caves
- And a lot of place …… for doing nothing
Physical activities :
- Lots of touristic trips and walking trails all around which allow discovering the region ny car, by walk, by bike, by horse.
- Treetop adventure course in Lugny
- Equestrian center in azé and laizé
- Rock climbing sites in vergisson
Cultural activities :
- Visit the Azé and Blanot caves
- Visit castles in : Cormatin, Pierreclos, Brancion
- Visit abbeys in : Cluby and Tournus
- Alot of summer festivals
Gourmet visits :
- Wine road
- Goat cheeses
- Burundy specialitiess
- Local producers